- TextureFirm (soft when heated)
- FlavorButtery, mild
What is bread cheese? An easier way to say juustoleipä!
The real name of this Finnish-style cheese is juustoleipä. Pronounced hoo-stah-lee-pah, the name literally means “cheese bread” in Finnish, where it is also known as leipäjuusto (“bread cheese”). This baked Finnish squeaky cheese looks like French toast, but tastes like a grilled cheese sandwich without the bread. Best served warmed or fried.
To serve, sauté or grill until glistening, or microwave for 30 seconds on high.
• Grill on metal skewers with vegetables and shrimp
• Put on salad instead of croutons
• Deep-fry: makes its own cheese batter
• Sauté and add maple syrup and nuts
• Cook with broasted potatoes
|Beer:||American lager, Pilsner|